Picture by Charlie Ward TGMS
The closing date for submissions is Saturday 12August 2017 before 5:30 pm and work needs to be handed in at: -Hazlemere Lighting, Electric House, 4, Market Parade, Hazlemere Crossroads, High Wycombe, HP15 7LQ. Tel:(01494)718427
The prize is in being exhibited and this is not a competition but rather a showcase for talent. The Curator is Bob Digby, Fete Publicity Manager, who will make the final decision on the overall display as space permits but we do have plenty of display panels to fill, so why not get creative?
- Any subject suitable for family viewing at the fete
- No age restrictions for Artists and more than one item can be submitted for consideration.
- If Artists are part of a grouping such as a whole class / school / Art club etc., then work can be returned to a nominated coordinator.
- Individuals who want work returned can nominate to pick it up from Hazlemere Lighting after 31st August or enclose an A4 stamped addressed envelope for posting.
- Submissions must be the artist's own work and remain their copyright with the understanding that the Artist by entering, has given tacit permission for exhibition and / or publication by the fete organisers as they see fit for fete promotion purposes. This excludes the organisers publishing someone’s work for their own financial reward.
- Artists can use any media providing it is not easily damaged in transit or storage e.g. plant material would NOT be suitable.
- We will accept art using any of the following media, including mixed media: pencil, charcoal, pastels, watercolours, crayons, ink, gouache, oil paint, acrylic, collage, photography and digital art, printing, watercolour pencils and embroidery (hand or machine stitched).
- Artwork to be submitted on A4 media and be 2 dimensional i.e. Do not add three dimensional materials that protrude from the page, otherwise this can be any of the following:-
Paper, Card, Fabric, Canvas paper, Photographic paper. Please enclose it in a suitable envelope.
- The following information should be clearly written on the back of all entries: Name, Title of Work if any, and contact telephone number and / or e.mail address (so we can get in touch.) Contact information will otherwise remain confidential and not be disclosed for other purposes. It could be a central group contact for club or school).
- Artwork submitted at the artist's own risk. We will endeavour to take care of your work but cannot be held responsible for any work that is damaged for any reason.
- Work will be put in protective plastic wallets and displayed using velcro tabs.
- The organisers of A4Art are the fete committee and Hazlemere Lighting has kindly agreed to act as a collection point only in order to assist us.
In case of queries contact: Fete Publicity Manager: Bob Digby (m) 07847 886654 (e) email@example.com