We anticipate it will take at least a week from Saturday for all sites to reopen and they will be operating with clear guidance on how to use the areas and equipment safely, as full cleaning needs to place before they can be reopened.
We know that social distancing can be particularly difficult in a playground setting, so we ask that parents, carers and guardians are aware of the risk and take extra care and responsibility for encouraging handwashing and social distancing
Using these outdoor areas does carry some risk, and it’s important that everyone continues to follow the guidance to keep safe. Avoiding the outdoor areas when they are busy, taking hand wash / sanitiser with you to wash hands frequently, and keeping your distance from other people as much as possible will help prevent the spread of coronavirus.
Additional instructions and limits on capacity in some play areas, so please take notice of these and follow the signs. If you visit the play areas please follow these rules:
- You must maintain social distancing from others, if it is too busy to do this please do not enter
- Do not use the equipment if you or any member of your household has coronavirus symptoms, or are self-isolating
- Children should not use the equipment if they are clinically or extremely clinically vulnerable
- Make sure you have hand sanitiser with you before entering the playground
- Encourage everyone in your family to wash their hands or use hand sanitiser regularly, as a minimum before and after using the playground
- Encourage children to avoid touching their faces
- Some equipment can only be used by one child at a time while social distancing. Please ensure your family waits at a safe distance if the equipment is in use or return later to use the equipment
- At busy times please think of others and limit your time in the play area so others may use and enjoy it too
- Please do not consume food or drink in the playground
- If your family is wearing disposable PPE, please take it home with you or where provided use the bins – don't litter